The jets took off from the Merignac airbase in the French port city of Bordeaux on Monday, it has covered a distance of 7,000 km, with air-to-air refueling.
what are its seating arrangements? and where are they arriving in India?
The five jets comprise of three single-seater and two twin-seaters. they are scheduled to land at the Ambala airbase in Haryana, this afternoon. what security measures do you will be taken for its arrival? it is said that there is tight police security around the Indian air force station.
what are its features?
- The Rafale fighter jet has a twin-engine; each engine providing a thrust of 75 Kn.
- canard-delta wing
- multi-role fighter aircraft
- RBE2 passive electronically scanned radar:
- that has locked down and shot down abilities.
- can track up to 8 targets at the same time.
what do you think is a METEOR missile?
- its a beyond range air to air missile.
- it can destroy the enemy’s aircraft at a range of over 100 km.
- it’s said the rafale can also target within a radius of 300 km.
what functions do you think the rafale can perform?
- aerial reconnaissance
- anti-ship strike
- nuclear deterrence
- in-depth strike
- ground support.