– by Sahithya S
Prior to going on a shopping spree plan your purchase.A well crafted plan about purchasing only the basic essentials and that too to within the shoestring budget not only saves money, but space also in the house. Note down what to buy and where to buy. If it is furniture then going for the space saving one will be more apt.As and when possible take kids to shopping as they would gain experience in smart shopping.
The list here would be useful before you set off.
- Never buy anything that does not figure in the list.
- Purchase can be classified into two categories – one’s needs and wants.Needs are the bare necessities and wants are the one even without which the house would not be deprived of.
- Before leaving home set aside the amount of your purchase while ensuring that the purchase does not overlap your budget ,do not go for anything else even if there is money left with you after your shopping.
- Keep the balance money separately so it would be useful when you next go for shopping.
- Go for a product carrying the brand name of a reputed company. Cheaper the product lesser the quality. There is no warranty and guarantee given with for them so never compromise on quality of electric and electronic commodities. They might turn out to be fatal.
- Ask for bill against all purchase including medicines and drugs. The one place where people in general do not demand bill is the jewellery shop. Even here get the roughly written handbills.
- Eat well before going out.It is empty stomach and hunger that forces one to buy things in haste.
- Check the bill and warranty guarantee card for signature seal and date of purchase. Keep all the relevant papers in order this will help when the product fail.
- Never buy petrol from small outlets and do not buy anything at the doorstep.
- Enquiry friends and relatives at least three or four time and seek their opinion about a product before buying.
Follow these tips and be the best buyer!!