-by Sahithya S
E-commerce or electronic commerce is the about buying or selling of products through online services or over the Internet.The history of ecommerce dates back to 1994 when a man sold a CD by the band Sting to his friend through his website NetMarket, an American retail platform.Through the years E commerce has evolved making shopping easier for the customers in several ways. Example of e-commerce platform includes Amazon,Flipkart,Fiverr,Olx,Quikr etc.
Advantages of e-commerce:
- As these provide a global reach,the hindrance of location is removed.
- Finding a wide range of products at one destination
- 24/7 service
- Low operational costs and better quality of services.
- This allows for a customized user experience
Disadvantages of e-commerce:
- Shipping can be unpredictable
- There can be difference in specifications of the delivered product.
- Mechanical failures can cause unpredictable effects on the total processes.
- Payment gateways are prone to attack from hackers
- Lack Of Personal Touch.At times we can end up missing walking down the stores physically and experiencing the shopping feel.
- Need For Internet Access
Thought E-commerce has both advantages and disadvantages on almost an equal scale it has developed around successfully over the years.While some people prefer physically shopping most are happy and satisfied with online shopping. It solely depends on a person’s interest.Modern electronic commerce typically uses the World Wide Web at least at one point in the transaction’s life-cycle, although it may encompass a wider range of technologies such as e-mail, mobile devices and telephones as well.names.Today, online shopping and electronic consumerism have become a daily routine.Anything and everything we need is just a click away!!!