by- RHEA NAIQUE.
What is cyber crime? The criminal activities committed using a computer especially to illegally access, transmit or manipulate data.
how do we save ourselves from such crimes?
- make sure your account has a strong password it should contain different characters.
- keep your software updated.
- back up your files regularly. if the worst happens you can easily restore the lost files.
- secure your home network with a strong passwords and VPN.
- always keep your financial details private.
- if you think you have become a victim of cyber crime. you need to alert the local police.
- give information about internet and its risks to your family and friends .
- change your password once a month.
- when browsing a site check if it is secured.
- do not disclose your important details.
- do not click on links which you did not expect to receive.
- use different password for all accounts. there are chances if one account gets hacked the other can also get hacked if it has same password.
- if you have doubts about some unknown account immediately block and report that account.
- ignore pop-ups.
- privatize all your social media accounts.